Is your company in need of a new innovative idea?
Innovation is the only way to keep your company moving forward. It is also essential to staying ahead of the competition. In order to generate new ideas, you need to create a workspace that is conducive to creative thinking. Innovation doesnâ€™t just happen overnight. It needs to be nurtured in your employees.
If youâ€™ve been wondering how to get innovative ideas, then you need to read the following 5 tricks to nurturing new and innovative ideas within your company.
- Listen - Creative new ideas may not be heard at your company if nobody is listening. You need to encourage your employees to voice their ideas. Many times ideas of lower level employees are brought to their managers only to have them stolen for the managerâ€™s benefit. It happens all of the time and it stifles creativity in your entire organization. If youâ€™re wondering how to get innovative ideas, then you need to listen to your employees. Enact a policy that allows employees at all levels of the company to have their ideas heard in a way that they are guaranteed recognition.
- Engage - An engaging workplace is absolutely essential to the creation of a new innovative idea. You need to make your employees feel engaged with their work. They need to aspire to new things instead of getting bogged down in the day to day details of their work. You can create an engaging atmosphere by holding innovation and brainstorming workshops and meetings where everyoneâ€™s voice is heard. Most people lose motivation in their work once they discover that their voice is never going to be heard. They lose interest in trying to improve the company and just go with the flow. You need to change the culture of your company.
- Inspire - Inspiration is at the heart of innovation. Are your employees inspired? Take a look around your office spaces. Are they conducive to inspiration or are they dragging your employees down. Work with a designer or other profession to create inspiring spaces in your workplace. Perhaps cubicles are a must for productivity and concentration, but providing your employees with commons areas that can be more conducive to creativity, dialog and inspiration should be included. It may sound silly at first, but improving your office will give your employees a boost of inspiration. Clutter does in fact clutter the mind. Look at some of the most innovative businesses in the country and then look at their office spaces. Think Apple or Google for example. Their office spaces are designed to inspire innovative thinkers.
- Respond - Listening, engaging and inspiring your employees will all be for nothing if you donâ€™t respond to innovative thinking. It may seem like a hailstorm of crazy, bad and unrealistic ideas at first. However, once you have changed the culture of your company, youâ€™ll see the thinking of your employees change as well. Ideas will gradually improve and youâ€™ll also develop a process for responding to ideas and processing them. Many will not be good, but they are all part of the process of innovation. No idea should go unheard or not receive a response of some sort.
- Value - Value people. Value their ideas. Value their innovation. Your employees are your most valuable asset in innovating new ideas. If you want to develop a culture of innovation in your company, then you need to place a high value on your employees. This will mean rethinking the corporate structure. In order to produce innovative thinkers, you need an innovative structure of business.
What are you think about it? Please Â leave a response in comment….